Hi,
An ACRL colleague suggested someone on this list might have had the same
issue.

meetings that can utilize desktop sharing. Some universities have ZOOM
subscriptions and have online courses with ZOOM to deliver lectures.   I
have been pondering whether to start a real-time (virtual reference)
service with Zoom, particularly when either the academic question might
involve showing the librarian what goes wrong, or when the Librarian can
show the best practice for finding information.

I have had a couple of messages with Zoom technical support, and they agree
that threading the initial sign-on through our campus SSO would eliminate
non-affiliate traffic.   Anyone have any experience with the script to
launch into a specific zoom account that would do that with EZproxy as the
vehicle for SSO?    Or should we just put a link for that specific zoom
room on a web-page after the SSO?

Any perspective appreciated. Yes, ZOOM works in China with no VPN.   We
would pair this service with WeChat for short answers that do not require
desktop sharing.

Charlie Greenberg

--

Charles J Greenberg MLS MEd

University Library Director

Wenzhou-Kean University

Building A, Room 309 (currently)

88 Daxue Lu, Ouhai

Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province

P. R. CHINA     325060

Phone (office) +86-57755870651

Phone (cell):  +86-13738363714;

Email:  [log in to unmask]

“*All things are ready, if our minds be so*.” Henry V 4:3