Looking forward to Islandoracon this October? Have something great to share with the Islandora community? You're got some extra time to write up a proposal and send it in! The Islandora Call for Proposals deadline has been extended from April 19th to April 26th.

Proposals may be submitted here:

Speakers will have access to a discounted Speakers Rate for registration.

This year will mark the third time that the Islandora community has come together for our every-other-year weeklong conference, Islandoracon. October 7th - 11th, in downtown Vancouver, Islandoracon will consist of a day of in-depth "pre-conference" workshops, two days of regular main conference sessions, a day of multi-track 90-minute workshops, and a closing hackfest event where we can work together on projects to improve our shared platform.

The theme of this year's conference is "Collaborate. CHANGE. Connect." "CHANGE" is capitalized because our community is collectively facing the need to manage major changes in the tools and platforms that make our own Islandora platform work. Connecting and collaborating with others in open source is our best method to manage those changes, not just as hundreds of individual Islandora users, but as a community moving together.

We are seeking presentations that highlight collaboration and connections within our community, with other open source communities, and with the stakeholders we serve; presentations that deal with managing change, both as a challenge and as an opportunity; and sessions that present new ways to change and innovate with Islandora. Sessions should be roughly 30 minutes (with time for questions).

For more information about the event, or to register, please visit  https://islandora.ca/camps/islandoracon2019

Thank you,

Islandoracon Planning Committee