The University of Virginia Library is hosting a free one-day workshop on Thursday, July 18th, 2019.

We only have about 10 spots left, so if you are thinking about registering please do so soon!

Additionally, we continue to encourage applications for our scholarships, which are now due on Monday, April 15 at 11:59 pm EST.

Visit our workshop website to learn more about:

This workshop is part of our project within the Software Preservation Network's IMLS-funded [RE-95-17-0058-17] Fostering a Community of Practice (FCOP) grant cohort, and is open to all who may wish to attend. While the focus will be around a library and archives environment for software preservation and emulation, we welcome students and colleagues from across the cultural heritage and technical communities.

What topics will be covered?

Current state of software preservation and emulation of born digital materials

Developing archival workflows

Metadata and description

Legal landscape

Access and Use

And more!

Questions? Contact the UVA FCOP project team at [log in to unmask]

Thank you, and we hope to see you in Charlottesville!

FCOP Emulation in the Archives Project Team:

Lauren Work

Elizabeth Wilkinson

Mike Durbin

Jeremy Bartczak