Dear all

Every year, the digital preservation community comes together to celebrate World Digital Preservation Day, with the aim of creating greater awareness of digital preservation!

Organized by the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) and supported by digital preservation networks across the globe, World Digital Preservation Day is open to participation from anyone interested in securing our digital legacy. Data creators, curators and consumers from around the world, DPC members and non-members alike, are invited to get involved and share stories of their own 'digital preservation day.'

This year, and from now on, World Digital Preservation Day will take place on the FIRST Thursday of every November. That means in 2019, we will be celebrating on Thursday 7th November.

The date change is to avoid clashes with Thanksgiving, and to allow a large part of our digital preservation community in, and from, the USA to participate in the international engagement, camaraderie and activities we all enjoy on the day.

For more details on World Digital Preservation Day, please visit the Digital Preservation Coalition website: https://dpconline.org/events/world-digital-preservation-day

We look forward to celebrating with you again this year!

Kind regards

Sarah Middleton

Head of Communications and Advocacy

Digital Preservation Coalition

37 Tanner Row, York, YO1 6WP

Tel: 01904 601952

http://www.dpconline.org/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @Sarah_DPC

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.

Registered in England No: 4492292