Hi everyone,

In June, thousands of librarians will travel to Washington D.C. to attend the American Library Association's Annual Conference. To celebrate, Awesome Libraries<https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/libraries> and Awesome DC<https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/dc> are hosting a collaborative, live pitch event on June 22nd at Open Gov Hub<http://opengovhub.org/>. We're looking for creative and inspiring library projects that will have an impact on communities in Washington D.C. and across the globe. Six finalists will be chosen to pitch their idea to our panel of judges and members of the D.C. and library communities.

Our judges will choose two winning pitches, with one exclusively focused on the D.C. community. Each winner will walk out of the pitch event with $1,000 for their project!

In addition, the audience will vote for their favorite pitch of the night, with a prize funded by attendees' registration donations. Attend and donate to help make an awesome library project a reality!

Do you have a library project you'd like to pitch? Submit a Pitch Proposal<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBacgpWZ3i1sUUROEyFSbLrbIyqL8PpHigvLbQMbhlqJlwRg/viewform> by Saturday, June 1st, 2019, to be considered.

Do you just want to be inspired or learn more about how to get involved with Awesome Libraries and Awesome DC?  Register here<http://bit.ly/librarylivepitch> by June 21st, 2019.

Light refreshments will be served.  Seating is limited, so reserve your spot today!

OpenGov Hub is located at 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500. Please bring a photo ID to access the venue.
To learn more about the Awesome Libraries Chapter, please visit:
https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/libraries

To learn more about the Awesome D.C. Chapter, please visit:
https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/dc

Please feel free to reach out to me with questions.  I hope to see you in DC.

Robin

Robin Champieux, MLIS
Research Engagement & Open Science Librarian
Assistant Professor
OHSU
https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7023-9832

pronouns: she, her, hers