Dear all,
I'd like to bring to your attention to the Summer School “Pathos. Forms and fortunes of literary emotions”, taking place on August 27-30th, 2019 in the amazing setting of Monopoli, Italy.

Here is the full program: http://bit.ly/ENTbro
Registration is open until May, 30th: http://bit.ly/ent2019

Plenary talks by Karin Kukkonen, Françoise Lavocat and Paolo Giovannetti. There will be a seminar dedicated to the computational study of emotions in literary texts and readers' response.

We will work on emotions in different literary traditions through various perspectives and methods. Some of the topics and authors covered are: Elena Ferrante, Elsa Morante, sentimentalism, cognitive narratology, fact/fiction, and digital literary studies.

The Summer School is open to anybody interested in the topic, with credits available for graduate students.

Please, forward this invitation to anybody you think might be interested.
Thank you,

Federico Pianzola
--
Marie Skłodowska Curie Research Fellow – Department of Human Sciences for Education "R. Massa"
University of Milano-Bicocca

Senior Researcher – School of Media, Arts and Science
Sogang University, Seoul

Managing editor of Enthymema
International journal of literary criticism, literary theory, and philosophy of literature