Greetings Colleagues!

Just a friendly reminder that the CfP for Maintainers III is open until Monday, May 13, 2019 -

There are many different ways to participate - including papers, panels, lightning talks and more. There is plenty of time to submit a proposal!

The goal of Maintainers III is to bring together practitioners from different areas of maintenance (including Information and Software Maintenance) alongside policymakers and researchers to identify areas for intervention - places where we can influence communities, organizations and individuals to acknowledge and compensate maintenance/care work, and to embrace long-term thinking.

WE NEED YOU - your experiences, ideas, and willingness to share.

Check out the details below, consider submitting a proposal and let me know if you have any questions!

Maintainers III: Practice, Policy, and Care

Washington, D.C., United States, October 6-9, 2019

Webpage: http://themaintainers.org/miii

Twitter: @The_Maintainers

Maintainers III: Practice, Policy, and Care (MIII) is the third in a series of conferences that celebrates and unpacks the concepts of maintenance, infrastructure, repair, and the myriad forms of labor and expertise that sustain our human-built world. MIII will be held in Washington, D.C. from October 6-9, 2019 at the Kellogg Conference Hotel (Gallaudet University).

Goals of Maintainers III:

Call for Proposals:

Distinct from Maintainers I and Maintainers II, MIII will feature 4 maintenance tracks including Information Maintenance, Transportation Maintenance, Software and Open Source Maintenance and General Maintenance. Visit the Maintainers III About webpage to read more about the focus of each track.

We welcome a variety of submissions types in all maintenance tracks, including:

You can read more about each submission type and submit your proposal on the Maintainers III Submit a Proposal webpage.

Key Dates:

20 March 2019 — Save the Date and Call for Proposals announced

13 May 2019 — Deadline for all proposal submissions

24 June 2019 — Proposal acceptance notifications sent

24 June 2019 — Conference registration opens

13 September 2019 — Early bird registration deadline

6-9th October 2019 — Maintainers III: Practice, Policy, and Care

The MIII Planning Committee will continue to update the website with resources - for now, check out our Attendee Resources page for more information on MIII’s Code of Conduct and Accessibility FAQ. We sincerely hope you will join us in October 2019 and help to shape the discussion of Practice, Policy, and Care!

MIII Planning Committee:

Hillel Arnold

Juliana Castro

Tabitha Decker

Don Goodman-Wilson
Shannon  Mattern
Mehdi Medjaoui

Jessica Meyerson
Andy Russell
Raquel Velho

Lee Vinsel
Carole Voulgaris

Chela Scott Weber

Questions?

Contact Andy Russell ([log in to unmask]), Lee Vinsel ([log in to unmask]), or Jessica Meyerson ([log in to unmask]).

--
Jessica Meyerson
Research Program Officer | Educopia Institute

Working from Austin, TX
jessica@educopia.org | 512-864-4575