Dear Code4Lib folks,

I am writing today on behalf of the Researcher Communications Project Group
(affectionally known as P.1 now) with Metadata 2020 to tell you about the
P.1 survey, which is collecting data about researcher perceptions,
knowledge, and use of metadata in scholarly communications.

Although survey is directed at researchers, it welcomes input from all
stakeholders in the scholarly communications life cycle, including
librarians, publishers, and repository managers. In fact, it is designed
with all four groups in mind.

I very much hope that you will take a few minutes out of your day to take
this survey (no more than 15 minutes).

Please participate here:
https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4729698/Metadata2020-survey-email
The survey closes *June  28, 2019.*

We also would appreciate your help with spreading the word about this
survey to your communities.

Every data point we get from this survey will help us deliver on the
mission of Metadata 2020: to advocate richer, connected, and reusable, open
metadata for research. Understanding what researchers need to effectively
create metadata for their scholarly outputs is a key first step. The more
people with eyes on this work, the better data returns we will have.

Finally, please see what my co-chair Alice Meadows has written about the
P.1 group on Scholarly Kitchen!
https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2019/06/11/better-metadata-could-help-save-the-world/

We are so excited to have this survey go live and are looking forward to
hearing from you! Please also don't hesitate to contact me if you need have
further questions.

Thank you for your time!
Best,
Michelle Urberg, PhD, MSLIS
Co-Chair Metadata 2020 Researcher Communications Project Group