Out of pure curiosity, do you get many international guests or is it aimed more at US-based folk?

Patricia Farnan  | Application Administrator, Discovery Services
University Library  | St Teresa’s Library

Telephone: +61 8 9433 0707 | Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BWS Johnson
Sent: Friday, 14 June 2019 3:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] CFP: The Nerdiest Conference You Never Knew You Always Wanted

Salvete!
+1.

It's not expensive. It's chock full of nerds. No one bites. No boring content.
Cheers,Brooke

Hey Code4Lib people,

The Collective is a super awesome conference in Knoxville, TN that I've been to 3 times now and it gets better each year. Hope to see some of y’all there!

Best,

Evan Barber
Information Technology Technical Associate
Brookens Library
University of Illinois Springfield
(217)206-7115
Pronouns: He/Him<https://pronoun.is/he<https://pronoun.is/he>>

***

The Library Collective is back with a 2020 theme so awesomely nerdy, you won’t want to miss it.

For The Collective 2020 gathering, we’re challenging librarians to “Roll for Initiative<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program>>” (that’s right, D&D nerds!). While proposals need not make reference to Dungeons & Dragons or gaming, we hope this year’s session ideas will connect with the broader themes evoked by the title, including but not limited to storytelling, improvisation, role-playing, innovation, creativity, empathy-building, and the many other ways librarians are taking initiative in their libraries.

Our unique proposal and review process includes a public ideation and commenting phase followed by a blind peer review. <https://www.thelibrarycollective.org/review-process<https://www.thelibrarycollective.org/review-process>> Read more<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program/<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/program/>> and submit your ideas, vote, or comment now until August 2!

P.S. Unlike your usual library conference suspects, our events are radically fun, interactive, inclusive, and affordable. Don’t believe us? Check out five years of data<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/reports<http://www.thelibrarycollective.org/reports>> to back up our claim!

Disclaimer