I am happy to start a new thread about this, but this thread makes me
wonder if the one-line stated purpose
<https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CODE4LIB> of this listserv

*This mailing list provides a forum for discussion all things relating to
programming code for libraries. This is a place to discuss particular
programming languages, but also provides a place to discuss the issues of
programming in libraries in general*

ought to be expanded to a real set of guidelines.