Registration is open for for Islandoracon, taking place October 7  - 11 in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Regular registration rates apply until September 13th.

Islandora is an open-source software framework designed to help institutions and organizations and their audiences collaboratively manage, and discover digital assets using a best-practices framework. Built on a base of Drupal, Fedora, and Solr, Islandora empowers users to work with any data type across a broad variety of knowledge domains.

Islandora and all of its components are completely open-source and free to use.

For more information about the event, or to register, please visit our website: https://islandora.ca/camps/islandoracon2019

This year will mark the third time that the Islandora community has come together for a full conference, and the first time we're holding a conference after the release of our newest version: Islandora 8. This week-long event opens with a set of half-day workshops, then two days of regular main conference sessions, a day of multi-track 90-minute workshops, and a closing hackfest-style event where we can work together on projects to improve our shared open-source platform. The full schedule is available here: https://islandora.ca/camps/islandoracon2019/schedule

The theme of this year's conference is "Collaborate. CHANGE. Connect." CHANGE is capitalized because our community is collectively facing the need to manage major changes in the tools and platforms that make our own Islandora platform work. Connecting and collaborating with others in open-source is our best method to manage those changes, not just as hundreds of individual Islandora users, but as a community moving together.

Thank you,

Islandoracon Planning Committee