**With apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues:

A reminder that the Public Knowledge Project <https://pkp.sfu.ca/> is
heading to Barcelona November 18-22, 2019 for PKP 2019, our 7th
International Scholarly Publishing Conference hosted by the Universitat
Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). We have a spectacular week of all things
open access and open source planned, including workshops and
presentations featuring Open Journal Systems (OJS), our flagship
software - you won't want to miss it! To learn more, please visit our
conference website at http://pkpbcn19.net/.

Interested in joining us? Here’s what you need to know:

  * The preliminary program
    <https://conference.pkp.sfu.ca/public/conferences/9/schedConfs/9/program-en_US.pdf>
    is now available.
  * Registration
    <https://conference.pkp.sfu.ca/index.php/pkp2019/pkp2019/index> is
    $175USD (early), $250USD (regular), and $75USD (student). *Early
    registration ends September 20, 2019.*
  * Conference registrants can sign up for two (of six) OJS workshops
    <http://pkpbcn19.net/#block-views-block-works-block-1> on November
    20 ($25 USD each).
  * The conference is in English, however we are offering two Spanish
    workshops on November 20.
  * PKP founder John Willinsky will open the conference at our evening
    reception November 20 (tickets are $10 USD, conference registrants
    only).
  * We have five amazing keynotes lined up for November 21-22: Abel
    Packer (SciELO), Tara Robertson (Mozilla), Reme Melero (CSIC),
    Ignasi Labastida (University of Barcelona), and Katherine Skinner
    (Educopia).
  * The week kicks off with a free pre-conference sprint
    <https://pkp.sfu.ca/sprints/> November 18-19 (conference
    registration not required). More information coming soon.

Questions or comments? Please email Marisa MacDonald
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Communications Coordinator. And don’t
forget to follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/pkp> and Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/publicknowledgeproject> (#pkpbcn19) for the
latest news and announcements. See you in Barcelona!

Sincerely,

Your PKP 2019 Planning Committee