Hello everyone,

The Accessibility Committee for the 2020 Code4Lib conference in Pittsburgh is seeking volunteers to help in ensuring that attendees, both meat-y and digital, can equitably access and attend the annual conference. Any and all forms of volunteering are welcome. Activities that the committee does include:

* Advising on the accessibility of the conference web site
* Arranging live captioning for the conference
* Advising on physical issues at the conference location
* Providing guidelines for presenters to give accessible presentations and provide accessible files
* Promoting microphone issue
* Supporting the quiet space
* Responding to accommodation requests at they arise

If you've read this far down, I'd appreciate stepping back from chairing this committee but will still participate. There's a lot of great content and practice already established. We can only improve. The one thing I'd like to do is provide a webinar for presenters on accessible talks. I can do that if I'm not also coordinating everything else.

So yes, volunteer!

Katherine Deibel | PhD
Inclusion & Accessibility Librarian
Syracuse University Libraries