With World Digital Preservation Day<https://dpconline.org/events/world-digital-preservation-day> (WDPD2019) on 7th November just around the corner, the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) invites all data creators, curators and consumers from around the world to contribute and prepare to share stories of their own 'digital preservation day!'

Linked to the new edition of the BitList <our-work/bit-list> to be published on the day, this year the theme for World Digital Preservation Day will be 'At-Risk Digital Materials.'

The digital preservation community - and related communities - around the world are invited to contribute by sharing their own 'Digital Preservation Day' and to show how this relates to 'At-Risk Digital Materials.'

"We think World Digital Preservation Day is a great way of raising awareness of some of the digital objects, formats, media, software and real-life environments which could be affected by data loss...as well as what we are doing about it!" explains Head of Advocacy and Communications for the DPC, Sarah Middleton.

Organized by the DPC and supported by digital preservation networks in all five continents, World Digital Preservation Day is open to participation across all sectors, from anyone interested in securing our digital legacy - from members and non-members alike.

Some suggestions for contributions are as follows, although alternative proposals are encouraged!

  *   Share a typical 'digital preservation day' on Social Media: Take photos, make videos, share updates about your own 'digital preservation day' or the 'at-risk digital materials' you are working with or know about,  and share using the social media platform of your choice. Can you persuade your organization to let you take over the corporate social media account for the day to talk about digital preservation? In the run up to WDPD2019, share your thoughts on the most at-risk digital materials. Just remember to use the hashtag #WDPD2019<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WDPD2019>
  *   Blog about Digital Preservation: Share a story about 'at-risk digital materials' with us on World Digital Preservation Day.
If you have your own blog platform, we'd love it if you could post your piece there to let your own followers know about digital preservation. Send us a link to the post and we'll add it to the WDPD2019 page! If you are a member, you can also post directly to the DPC blog on the day (please register first<http://dpconline.org/register> and login for step-by-step details of how to post<http://dpconline.org/blog/how-to-blog>).
Or send your post in advance to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Monday 21st October, and we'll add it to the DPC's WDPD2019 blog roll for you. Guidelines for non-member bloggers available here<news/uncategorised/blogging-guidelines>.
  *   Hold and publicize a live event: If you or your workplace are planning an event in celebration of WDPD2019, or if you are attending or organizing a relevant event which coincides with WDPD2019, submit details to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Monday 21st October and we'll add the details to our 'What's On' section of the WDPD2019 page of the website, including URLs for your event. Download and print the contents of the event pack and WDPD2019 Logo in your language and add it to related emails and communications for your event and publicize it using the #WDPD2019<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WDPD2019> hashtag for greater visibility.

World Digital Preservation Day is just one of the ways the Digital Preservation Coalition helps raise awareness of the global strategic, cultural and technological issues which make up the digital preservation challenge.  The Coalition also supports its international members through other advocacy activities, workforce development, capacity-building and partnership; helping members to deliver resilient long-term access to digital content and services and derive enduring value from their digital collections.

For a detailed program and more information about World Digital Preservation Day visit the event page on the DPC website<https://dpconline.org/events/world-digital-preservation-day>, follow the hashtags #WDPD2019<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WDPD2019> and #BitList<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23bitlist> on Twitter for updates or contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more details.
*Apologies for cross-posting*

Sarah Middleton
Head of Communications and Advocacy
Digital Preservation Coalition
37 Tanner Row, York, YO1 6WP

Tel: 01904 601952

http://www.dpconline.org/
Twitter: @Sarah_DPC

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.
Registered in England No: 4492292