As the coordinators for last year's Community Support Volunteers, Mark Matienzo, Francis Kayiwa, and I are stepping down due to a lack of bandwidth, effective immediately, in order to allow a new set of coordinators to step up and take on this work on behalf of the community.

Code4Lib needs volunteers to both lead the code of conduct violation reporting and response process at the Code4Lib 2020 conference in Pittsburgh, as well as to expand the code of conduct and CSV roles into an ongoing Community Support Squad, as described in our lightning talk from Code4Lib in San Jose: http://bit.ly/c4l19-csv and in our post-conference recommendations: https://github.com/code4lib/code-of-conduct/blob/master/transparency_reports/2019_national_conference_annual_report.md.

Coordinators could also consider next steps for the PR at https://github.com/code4lib/code-of-conduct/pull/80.

Natasha Allen has volunteered to step forward as one of the coordinators. Before handing her the reins, we will facilitate a confidential community vetting process to give individuals an opportunity to express any concerns. Please submit any comments at https://css4csv.clir.org/ no later than 11:59 PM EST on Friday, October 25th.

In the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering as coordinator, please contact us. We will be available to hand off procedural documents and relevant knowledge to the new coordinators.

Thanks & Happy Friday,
Anne

Anne Slaughter
Director of Technology Services