Please consider joining us in the Lehigh University Library community. We are committed to excellence in supporting teaching, learning, and research. Our highly motivated staff is known for working together on new and innovative projects and initiatives. We are one of the Open Library Environment (OLE) Initiative’s founding partners and have been actively involved in the FOLIO Collaboration since the project’s inception.

Lehigh University Library, is part of a unique merged Library and Technology Services (LTS) organization, and we seek you, a service-oriented candidate who knows how to collaborate and lead major innovation in our technology stack to join our Library Technology team. This Library Applications Developer position leads the administration and development of Lehigh’s VIVO services, the digital Repository, and other related scholarship and data management applications. In addition, this position assumes primary responsibility for the design and presentation of content in the University Library’s web presence.  This position also works collaboratively with other library and LTS units on library digital projects and contributes to new initiatives as needed. The ideal candidate is someone who is an excellent developer, a strong collaborator, and an effective communicator, who takes pleasure working with a diverse and inclusive community of librarians, technology professionals, faculty, and students.

Responsibilities:

●      Lead the development and administration of Lehigh’s implementation of VIVO project and Lehigh Preserve Repository platform.

●      Lead the developing and maintaining the University Libraries’ web site, which is the central place providing access to library digital content and services.

●      Participate in library technology projects; develop, maintain and provide enhancements to library applications to ensure effective and efficient delivery of library digital resources and services.

Requirements:

●      Bachelor's Degree in Library, Information or Computer Science; Master's degree preferred

●      Three to five years related work experience

●      Advanced Experience with at least one programming language such as Java, Python, or Ruby

●      Advanced Experience with web development technologies such as HTML, CSS, Javascript, and PHP, XML, and JSON

●      Experience with Drupal CMS

●      Graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative suite and/or common multimedia editing software

●      Experience with Digital Repository management, RDF data model and related standards

●      Excellent communication and interpersonal skills

●      Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance.  Based upon the requirements of the position Lehigh may also request credit history reports, motor vehicle checks and professional license/certification verification

 Review of applications begins on November 1st, 2019 and continues until the position is filled.

 To apply, visit https://lehigh.hiretouch.com/position-details?jobid=58800

Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, identities, and abilities to apply for this opportunity to join Lehigh community.

ABOUT LEHIGH UNIVERSITY

Lehigh University is a highly competitive, research-oriented, private university located one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. For almost 150 years, Lehigh University has combined outstanding academic and learning opportunities with leadership in fostering innovative research. Lehigh’s four colleges provide graduate and undergraduate education to approximately 7,000 students.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/38730-library-application-developer