Hello everyone,

Our next biweekly LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group call is Tuesday, October 22nd at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 16:00 UTC / 6pm CEST. We’ll continue talking about the Finding GLAMs campaign, which aims to add and improve Wikidata items for GLAM institutions and runs between October 8 and October 29th. I’ll also do a demo of reconciling and adding institutions to Wikidata using OpenRefine.

At our following call on Tuesday, November 5th, Martin Poulter, Wikimedian in Residence at the University of Oxford based at the Bodleian Library will talk about using Wikidata to describe the internal content of a book—connecting biographies, poem and art works with the books they are published in--as well as some projects he’s done at Oxford and how the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography is represented in Wikidata.

The call details are below. To receive notifications about upcoming calls and meeting notes you can subscribe to the ld4-wikidata Google Group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ld4-wikidata>, and if you aren't able to attend, the meetings are recorded and meeting notes available on Google Drive<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JwTulCABs0TkGQDVSnYbIYEb7bC-j4-n>.

If you haven't joined one of our calls before, the LD4-Wikidata Affinity Group is associated with the Linked Data for Production project<https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=104568167>. One of the goals of the project is understanding how libraries can contribute to and better integrate library metadata with Wikidata to improve access to library resources on the web. Wikidata offers exciting possibilities for libraries to become a part of the linked data landscape, share and reuse data, and discover new relationships and connections. The Affinity Group calls provide an informal space to share information and learn more about Wikidata.

Next Call Details:

Date and Time: Tuesday, October 22nd at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 16:00 UTC / 6pm CEST (Time zone converter<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20191022T160000&p1=1240&p2=tz_edt&p3=1440&p4=tz_cest>)
Zoom link to join meeting: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/204437188

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rxo5dF5q6AVJ4xvBkBwCsy2nXdSqYdGHudZxPmSqKfk/edit?usp=sharing