Boston College Libraries are seeking two collaborative, creative, technically-savvy, and engaging individuals to support our digital scholarship initiatives. Reporting to the Head of Digital Scholarship, these two Digital Scholarship Librarians will join the Libraries’ Digital Scholarship Group, each specializing in either digital scholarship instruction or project planning and execution.

Applicants should indicate their primary area of interest, but you may be considered for both positions.

Projects:
The successful candidate will manage digital scholarship projects, lead instruction and consultation sessions on digital research, and provide design and technical support on project work. This role requires exceptional project management skills, strong technology skills, creativity, familiarity with research methodologies, and excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, articulate problems, and find effective technology solutions across a variety of disciplines, while working with a range of clients from novice scholars to senior faculty, is essential. This position will create and maintain project documentation for a growing corpus of digital scholarly production.
This position will work extensively with a cohort of liaison librarians to identify technologies and tools appropriate for disciplinary needs. The successful candidate should be comfortable working with a variety of digital methodologies and technologies, including but not limited to: text and data mining, digital exhibit creation and curation, mapping, and network analysis.

Instruction:
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of our digital scholarship instruction program, including both the development of internal staff training and external-facing sessions and curricula. This position requires a collaborative approach to teaching and learning, excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and comfort with the breadth of digital scholarship tools and possible applications (text analysis, GIS/mapping, network analysis, digital exhibits, etc.) The ability to listen and engage with research across a variety of disciplines and a range of clients, from undergraduate and graduate students to faculty, instructors and staff, is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to identify areas of need based on assessment and data gathering and develop individual and group programming in response.

This position will work extensively with a cohort of liaison librarians to identify areas of professional development and create programming to support librarians.

Both positions may supervise student employees.

Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:

Senior Digital Scholarship Librarian title requires 5 years of experience,  $65,750 - $82,200

Digital Scholarship Librarian requires a minimum of 1 year experience,  $59,600 - $74,500

Requirements
Both positions require a graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution or an equivalent combination of relevant advanced degree and library or digital scholarship experience.

Research indicates that applicants with marginalized identities are hesitant to apply for positions if they do not meet all of the required and preferred qualifications. We want to emphasize that the preferred qualifications are not required and that we are committed to helping our future colleague develop these preferred skills. We strongly encourage those who are passionate about digital scholarship to apply.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/38838-digital-scholarship-librarian-2-positions-available