NONCONFIDENTIAL // EXTERNAL
Hi,

I was wondering if any other institutions that serve up PDFs in their digital libraries ever have had to deal with Content Injection errors from Google Search Console. This seems to be the case with a number of our documents - when Google indexes the text layer of our PDFs they seem to be interpreting imperfect OCR as spam content and flagging it as a potentially hacked page (we've done thorough investigations and they're not).

If you've also dealt with something like this, how did you end up handling it?

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Krc
Senior Digital Projects Librarian