From: Scates Kettler, Hannah [LIB]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Position: Digital Preservation Librarian

The Iowa State University Library is seeking a Digital Preservation Librarian to lead the development, documentation, implementation, and management of our digital preservation program. This position will provide expertise and coordinate efforts to safeguard the University Library's local digital assets, both born-digital and converted, including electronic records, digital objects (text, image, audiovisual, 3D), web pages, and datasets. The Digital Preservation Librarian, at a level of Librarian I or II, will assess the state of our digital preservation activities; help identify collection priorities; and create, maintain, and enforce policies, procedures, workflows, and strategies for sustainable digital preservation and access practices. In addition, the Librarian will implement other recommendations from the University Library Digital Preservation Planning Project Report, completed in August 2019. The Librarian will, also, work with the Iowa Regent Libraries to develop the groundwork for collaborative/shared digital preservation efforts, and represent the university in matters concerning digital preservation at the local, national and international levels.

Important attributes will include how to plan, organize, set and achieve goals. Having the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate will be essential to success, as the candidate will be working alongside the department to achieve this goal. They will also need to be able to work in a team environment as they will be working alongside multiple library departments to achieve library strategic goals. The candidate will also need to embrace the Library's core values, demonstrate collegiality, and have strong commitment to public service and the land grant mission.

ISU students, staff, and faculty strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society. Library staff must embrace an environment of inclusion that moves beyond simple tolerance to recognizing the richness in individual identities of people, and diverse perspectives. This directly impacts the work of the Digital Preservation Librarian as they develop, enforce and implement policies, procedures and workflows for the Iowa State University Library.

For complete text, qualifications and application instructions: https://

https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Digital-Preservation-Librarian_R1125

Job Requisition number R1125

Guaranteed consideration date:  December 10, 2019

Kathy A. Parsons (she, her, hers)

Associate Professor

Head, Preservation & Stacks Management Dept.

701 Morrill Rd

204 Parks Library

Iowa State University

Ames, IA  50011-2102

e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

voice: 515-294-9630

fax:  515-294-2112