Hi all,

I'm extremely excited that NewspaperWorks v1.0.0 is now available!

NewspaperWorks is a Ruby gem for Samvera/Hyrax-based digital repository
applications that provides work types, metadata fields, batch ingest
workflows, and front-end functionality for digitized newspaper content. The
gem can be used to integrate newspaper content into an existing repository,
or to build a stand-alone newspaper digital library.

Project home: https://github.com/samvera-labs/newspaper_works

NewspaperWorks supports:

   - models for Title, Issue, Page, and Article
   - batch ingest of NDNP data, PDFs, and TIFF/JP2 via command line
   - OCR and ALTO creation
   - newspaper-specific metadata fields
   - full-text search
   - calendar-based issue browsing
   - full-text keyword match highlighting
   - viewer with page navigation and deep zooming
   - IIIF Content Search API endpoint

A set of helpful documents to help you learn more and deploy NewspaperWorks
can be found on the project wiki, including a PCDM model diagram, metadata
schema, batch ingest instructions, and more details on installing,
developing, and testing the code:

https://github.com/samvera-labs/newspaper_works/wiki

NewspaperWorks is the product of a two-year IMLS-funded collaboration
between Boston Public Library and University of Utah's Marriott Library.
We're extraordinarily grateful to IMLS for funding this project, and for
the feedback and support we've received from the community, especially from
our grant Advisory Committee and the Samvera Newspapers Interest Group.

We look forward to working with interested implementers in the coming
months, and identifying features for future development!

Thanks,

Eben English (BPL)
Harish Maringanti (Utah)
Brian McBride (Utah)