From: "Betz, Gail" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 2:39 PM
To: Aliya Reich <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Disabled librarians research study participant call

Good afternoon,

Are you an academic librarian with a disability? In hopes of better understanding the barriers that academic librarians with disabilities face in the hiring process, I am looking to interview currently full-time employed disabled librarians about their interview experiences.

I am looking to speak with anyone who identifies as having a disability of any kind- invisible or visible; physical, sensory, mental or emotional. You do not need to have disclosed this to your employer nor do you need to receive workplace accommodations. All personal information will be kept confidential.

The primary method of data collection will be in-depth interviews, either in person or virtually as appropriate. If you’re interested, please fill out this very brief contact form. If you would like more information to see if you would be a good fit, please feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] or call me at (410) 706-6851.

Please note that this is a research study and is completely voluntary- University of Maryland, Baltimore's IRB approved this study as exempt, so email exchanges will count as consent (IRB HP-00088754).

Thank you for your consideration, and please feel free to share this email with anyone who you think would be infested!

Best,

Gail

Gail Betz, MLIS

Research, Education and Outreach Librarian

Health Sciences and Human Services Library

University of Maryland, Baltimore