We have a position available in the Digital Preservation unit at A2/College Park for a GS-12-0301 Digital Preservation Specialist. The posting close s on January 16.
As a Digital Preservation Specialist, you will:
- Advise the Director of Digital Preservation on recommendations for the development and implementation of digital preservation strategies, technologies, and procedures.
- Analyze, develop, and propose appropriate strategies, risk criteria, and standards for the preservation of electronic record holdings.
- Perform assessments and develop recommendations for software tools and system functionality for digital preservation operations, including format characterization, format conversion, auditing and reporting, and machine learning that can assist in the automation of preservation risk assessment and identification of trigger conditions.
- Draft, develop and maintain digital preservation risk assessments, operating procedures, and other associated documentation.
- Responsible for performing electronic record holdings audits, providing recommendations, and performing digital preservation actions in the NARA Electronic Records Archive (ERA) digital preservation repository system, and in other environments as required.
(Federal employees and veterans)https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555407300
(General public posting)
Director of Digital Preservation
U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)