Happy New Year!

We recently posted an open Scholarly Communications Librarian position that
is part of our new Center for Digital Scholarship and reports to me
(Director, CDS). Please consider applying if interested in this
opportunity. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on
January 19. I’m additionally available to answer questions at
[log in to unmask] until then.

The Scholarly Communications Librarian will:

**lead development of the University of Chicago's growing scholarly
communication services and policies; and contributes in meaningful ways to
our recently launched (2018) Center for Digital Scholarship, which includes
the Dissertation Office.

**collaborate with others to develop training, workshops and other
programming around data management, author rights, copyright, and open
scholarship.

**Help provide leadership and support for two main services: the
institutional repository, Knowledge@UChicago, which was recently migrated
to the TIND IR platform in the 2018-2019 academic year and features a new
research data repository; and Open Journal Systems, which we implemented in
Spring 2019 for faculty and graduate students interested in launching open
access journals. The SCL will also have the opportunity to collaborate with
the Library’s internal Data Services Group to create services and policies
related to research data management.
Application Instructions

The Search Committee will evaluate candidates’ record and academic
accomplishments in providing scholarly communication services, developing
and maintaining strong working relationships in and out of the library;
knowledge of issues and trends in scholarly communication, copyright and
use, and data management; and knowledge of policy and technical challenges
related to the management, curation, and archiving of digital data. The
Committee will also evaluate candidate's understanding of the processes,
resources, and technologies involved in scholarly publishing; ability to
plan and implement programming and policies; knowledge of metadata concepts
and standards; oral and written communication skills and ability to produce
effective promotional and training materials; and ability to work
independently, as well as collaboratively, in an evolving environment.

To Apply: Submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and reference contact
information online through the University of Chicago's Academic Recruiting
website: http://apply.interfolio.com/72660. Review of applications will
begin after Januray 19, 2020. Screening of applications will continue until
the position is filled or the search is closed.

*Warmly,*

*Stacie Williams*

*Director, Center for Digital Scholarship*

*University of Chicago Library*

*773-834-3347*
--
Stacie Williams