Happy New Year!

We recently posted an open Scholarly Communications Librarian position that is part of our new Center for Digital Scholarship and reports to me (Director, CDS). Please consider applying if interested in this opportunity. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on January 19. I’m additionally available to answer questions at [log in to unmask] until then.

The Scholarly Communications Librarian will:

**lead development of the University of Chicago's growing scholarly communication services and policies; and contributes in meaningful ways to our recently launched (2018) Center for Digital Scholarship, which includes the Dissertation Office.

**collaborate with others to develop training, workshops and other programming around data management, author rights, copyright, and open scholarship.

**Help provide leadership and support for two main services: the institutional repository, Knowledge@UChicago, which was recently migrated to the TIND IR platform in the 2018-2019 academic year and features a new research data repository; and Open Journal Systems, which we implemented in Spring 2019 for faculty and graduate students interested in launching open access journals. The SCL will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Library’s internal Data Services Group to create services and policies related to research data management.

Application Instructions

The Search Committee will evaluate candidates’ record and academic accomplishments in providing scholarly communication services, developing and maintaining strong working relationships in and out of the library; knowledge of issues and trends in scholarly communication, copyright and use, and data management; and knowledge of policy and technical challenges related to the management, curation, and archiving of digital data. The Committee will also evaluate candidate's understanding of the processes, resources, and technologies involved in scholarly publishing; ability to plan and implement programming and policies; knowledge of metadata concepts and standards; oral and written communication skills and ability to produce effective promotional and training materials; and ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in an evolving environment.

To Apply: Submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and reference contact information online through the University of Chicago's Academic Recruiting website: http://apply.interfolio.com/72660. Review of applications will begin after Januray 19, 2020. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.

Warmly,

Stacie Williams

Director, Center for Digital Scholarship

University of Chicago Library

773-834-3347

--
Stacie Williams