Greetings Colleagues!

💻📃CONTINUE TO DIRECT OUR WORK - CALL FOR COMMUNITY SOFTWARE STORIES📃💻

Submit your software stories here: http://bit.ly/2sfvKcy by *Friday, Jan 31*

Following an initial software prioritization survey in Summer 2019, we are
currently requesting community software stories. The software stories you
share will only be used to guide the EaaSI team in the creation of
additional emulated computer environments for use in the public,
open-source sandbox.

NOTE: Your software stories can include proprietary and/or open-source
software. If any of the software that has significance for you is
proprietary, we will do our very best to find the closet open-source
alternative to add to the sandbox.

   1.

   List specific software titles or types that have been particularly
   significant in your personal and/or professional life.
   2.

   What did/does this software do?
   3.

   What is one or more reason that this software is/was significant to you?

To check out the EaaSI Open Source Sandbox: http://bit.ly/eaasi-sandbox

The Scaling Emulation Service Infrastructure (EaaSI) program of work (Yale
University, supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Alfred P.
Sloan Foundation) is developing a community-driven solution to support
distributed management, sharing and access to legacy software environments.
The EaaSI Open Source Software Sandbox provides free, public access to
emulated computer environments featuring open-source operating systems and
software.

If you have questions for the project team, please contact the EaaSI
Community Outreach Lead, Jessica Meyerson, at <jessica[at]educopia[dot]org>.

To receive bi-monthly EaaSI updates via newsletter and share your software
preservation successes/challenges, sign up for the Software Preservation
Network mailing list by visiting
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/software-preservation-network.

Sincerest thanks for reading - we look forward to hearing from you!

Friendly regards,

Jessica (on behalf of the EaaSI Team)

--
*Jessica Meyerson*