Call for proposals: Bibliometrics and Research Impact Community (BRIC)
May 27th- 28th 2020
Waterloo, Ontario

We invite your proposals for the upcoming Bibliometrics and Research Impact Community (BRIC) conference, taking place May 27 - 28, 2020 hosted by the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Waterloo (Canada).  This unique venue is situated within an hour of the Greater Toronto region, and is well serviced with transportation links.
Whether this is your first time attending or have attended before, join your colleagues from across Canada and the U.S. to share experiences over this 2-day event. Under the theme of “Enhancing discovery and impact,” our community will explore ideas and showcase their work.
The 2020 event will bring together the diverse community that forms the BRI world: the information providers (such as librarians and analysts) and the information requestors (stakeholders such as directors, managers, etc.). Come to Waterloo and make meaningful connections with colleagues doing similar work across the country!
Participate in the BRIC as a speaker!

The BRIC Program Committee invites colleagues across the country to share their expertise. We are currently seeking proposals for these possible session types (including time for Q&A):
•         Short presentation: 20 minutes
•         Long presentation: 40 minutes
•         Panel presentation: 45-60 minutes
•         Hands-on session / workshop: 60 minutes
•         Posters

Potential presentation themes include:
•         Special focus:  How bibliometric metadata can be used for research discovery & visualization
•         Organizational perspectives on bibliometrics & research impact data
•         Special projects, practical applications, best practices, tips & tricks
•         Showcasing innovative services and roles of librarians, analysts, research facilitators
•         The ethical considerations of responsible data use
•         New developments & tools in the field

To submit a proposal, please send your session title, description, and preferred presentation type, to [log in to unmask] by March 6th, 2020.   Please note that to encourage grassroots participation and to keep event costs down, we unfortunately cannot fund presenters’ travel costs.

More to follow - see the BRIC Conference website: https://bric-conference.ca