From: "Digital Library Federation (DLF)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 11:03 AM
To: Gayle Schechter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: February 26: Museums Cohort Call

View this email in your browser.

DLF
 Museums Cohort

February Museums Cohort Meeting 2/26

Group
 discussion at 2019 DLF Forum

Our next virtual Museums Cohort call takes place next Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11 am (Pacific) / 2 pm (Eastern).

We won't have a presentation this month, but rather will have the opportunity to brainstorm different topics and speakers you might be interested in hearing from later this year. What would you like this group to cover at upcoming meetings? Do you have a project to share, or do you have an idea for a great speaker for the group? Join us for a quick brainstorm session for future Museums Cohort meetings!

Looking Back / Looking Ahead

Last month: Tina Shah, Senior Developer, Experience Design at Art Institute of Chicago and co-chair of IIIF's Museums Group, was on hand to discuss what the Museums Group is about and gave a demo of digital collections employing the imaging client Open Seadragon. Check out the shared notes from last month's meeting!

Next month: Margaret Smithglass, Head of Exhibitions and Digital Asset Management at Columbia University's Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library, will be discussing her experience working with a wide range of special collection materials for a variety of uses within a large academic library system at our March meeting.

Further ahead: We're looking forward to hearing from Kraig Binkowski, Chief Librarian at the Yale Center for British Art's Reference Library and Archives and Lotus Norton-Wisla, Digital and Community Outreach Archivist at Washington State University's Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation at upcoming 2020 Museums Cohort meetings.

Tweeting about the Cohort? Use #DLFmuseums!

facebook

twitter

linkedin

instagram

All content in this email is available for re-use under CC BY-SA 4.0 License

DLF at CLIR

2221 S Clark St, Arlington, VA 22202

Unsubscribe

Higher Logic