Demain, have you used Webrecorder Player?  It allows playback of WARC, HAR, and ARC formats.  I'd be interested in how it performs for such a large website.  https://github.com/webrecorder/webrecorder-player

" Webrecorder Player is a desktop application for viewing high-fidelity web archives on your local machine, no internet connection required. Webrecorder Player is available for download for OSX, Windows and Linux (experimental)."

Kari Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Demian Katz
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 11:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] [EXTERNAL] Re: [CODE4LIB] WARC --> static HTML?

Thanks, Carol. It was an old Drupal site, but unfortunately, at this point, the site is already gone, so the WARC is all I have -- but yes, I'm essentially looking for a way to unpack a WARC into the equivalent of the output of a giant wget operation. (We opted not to do things that way in the first place because some things needed to be changed incrementally as we went, and the WARC approach offered more flexibility in harvesting... but at the time, I had assumed that serving up a WARC was much simpler than it has so far turned out to be).

- Demian