The Digitales Archiv Nordrhein-Westfalen (DA NRW) has become the latest
organisation to join the Open Preservation Foundation.

DA NRW is an information technology offer for all institutions that need to
store their electronic cultural assets securely and permanently. It brings
together Land Nordrhein-Westfalen, represented by the Ministerium für
Kultur und Wissenschaft NRW, and the Zweckverband KDN – Dachverband
kommunaler IT-Dienstleister as a working group to provide an economical
solution for the long-term archiving of digital and digitized cultural
assets in North Rhine-Westphalia. These include electronic authority
documents, publications via e-books or digital photo collections, films and
sound recordings.

‘DA NRW joins the OPF in order to network, exchange ideas, and learn from
others. We anticipate that our membership will strengthen knowledge
transfer within our own organization and beyond’ said DA NRW's Project
Manager, Robert Funk.

Martin Wrigley, Executive Director of the OPF, said: ‘It is fantastic to
welcome the Digitales Archiv Nordrhein-Westfalen to our growing membership.
We are dedicated to enabling collaboration and sharing best practice and
expertise between our members, and we look forward to DA NRW’s involvement
in our diverse activities and initiatives’

DA NRW joins a number of libraries, archives, universities, vendors and
research organisations from around the world. To find out more about the
benefits of becoming a member, visit http://openpreservation.org/about/join/
.

Find out more about DA NRW at https://www.danrw.de/.

--
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager
@openpreserve | Skype: becky.mcguinness1

*Open Preservation Foundation*
*http://openpreservation.org/ <http://openpreservation.org/>*

To find out more about becoming a member of the OPF visit:
https://openpreservation.org/join/