Elizabeth --

What kind of discrepancies are you seeing? Is it when you are checking your results against the New PubMed interface?

Besides a tweaked UI, the new iteration of PubMed (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/) features a different default sort order ("Best Match") that can show slightly different results from the traditional Most Recent sort. Note, this happens not only with general searching, but even when retrieving known items.

I note this because the PubMed API returns items in Most Recent order by default and indeed can not show a Best Match view (I think it also uses the older iteration of Automatic Term Mapping). There has been communication from NLM/NCBI that a new version of the API is coming at some point, but I don't know about a schedule...

Edwin V. Sperr, MLIS

AU/UGA Medical Partnership

Office of Graduate Medical Education

Clinical Information Librarian

St. Mary’s Hospital

1230 Baxter Street

Athens, GA 30606

p: 706-389-3864

e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

w: medicalpartnership.usg.edu<http://www.medicalpartnership.usg.edu/>