Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that JHOVE 1.24 is now available to download.
JHOVE <http://jhove.openpreservation.org/> is an open source file format
identification, validation and characterisation tool for digital
preservation, and part of the OPF reference toolset
<https://openpreservation.org/technology/reference-toolset/>.

This community release incorporates the global contributions made during
our development
<https://openpreservation.org/blog/2019/04/30/improving-jhove-through-international-collaboration/>
and document
<https://openpreservation.org/event/opf-document-hack-week-october-2019/>
hack weeks, held during 2019, as well as independent contributions. We’d
like to say a huge thank you to everyone who contributed to and tested this
release.

Major new features of this JHOVE 1.24 include:

   -

   A new EPUB module
   -

   Translations of JHOVE error messages into German, Portuguese, Dutch,
   Danish and French
   -

   Document clean up and improvement across modules

Download <http://software.openpreservation.org/rel/jhove-latest.jar> JHOVE
1.24

Read <https://github.com/openpreserve/jhove/releases/latest> the draft
release notes

user mailing list
Feedback welcome

To report an issue or make a feature request please add it to the JHOVE
issue tracker <https://github.com/openpreserve/jhove/issues> on GitHub
or contact
us <https://openpreservation.org/about/contact>.
About JHOVE

JHOVE is maintained by the Open Preservation Foundation
<https://openpreservation.org/>. JHOVE is open source, free to download, to
use and to modify. However, it is not free to host, maintain, support or
develop. JHOVE is one of the most widely-used digital preservation tools,
but currently, only OPF members support JHOVE financially as part of their
membership fees. If you use JHOVE, please consider supporting its
development by becoming an OPF member
<https://openpreservation.org/about/join/>, or making a donation
<https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=rADlh7urYllF1n5BE6lAW3PrMJ4XSdXgEBFoadnBQbI5yE3XLpcRm2jgcpCtkql2QW_QFm&country.x=GB&locale.x=GB>
.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

--
Charlotte Armstrong | Project Officer | Open Preservation Foundation
<https://openpreservation.org/>