We have just started offering an ecard.  We were planning to do it this
year anyway but the current crisis dramatically pushed up our timeline. We
went with Overdrive's instant digital card (IDC) because it was the
cheapest option, at least for now, and we could get it implemented the
fastest. Here's a link with more info about it:
https://resources.overdrive.com/library/apps-features/instant-digital-card/ IDC
requires that patrons have a mobile phone and be over 13 because it checks
residency by using the mobile phone's billing zip code (via a third party
service). The biggest downside to this service so far is it doesn't have
any integration with our ILS.  Anecdotally, about 50% of the registration
are duplicates of patrons who already have regular library cards. We
currently are in the middle of creating a process to have staff import the
IDC cards into Horizon, our ILS, and merge any duplicate accounts in
Overdrive.  (I can automate the import but there's still the duplicate
accounts to deal with and contact patrons about.) Unfortunately, this is a
pretty staff-intensive process.  Not so bad right now when we have a lot of
staff that need work but we're going to re-evaluate the process when our
libraries open back up.

King County Library System, an Evergreen library, is using both Quipu's
ecard (https://www.quipugroup.com/ecard/) and Overdrive's IDC.  They use
Quipu as their primary ecard service but use IDC for the cases when patrons
get to Overdrive directly via a Google search.

Given how fast we implemented it, we still have a lot of questions and
things to work out ourselves.  However, I'm happy to talk if you want to
pass along my information.

Gem Stone-Logan
Systems Librarian
The Seattle Public Library