Unless there's something I am not understanding about this problem,
converting CSV to TXT should just be a matter of changing the file
extension from ".csv" to ".txt", and even this isn't strictly speaking a
requirement. CSV is just a text file with a specific layout to the text to
define columns -- try to open a .csv file using your favorite text editor
and you should not have any issues whatsoever (unless there's a character
encoding issue, but then you'd see the problem whether the file was CSV or
TXT).

If the file name is important for some other part of the workflow (a
downstream program that would refuse the file unless it's .txt), here's a
Stack Overflow post
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9590935/change-extension-of-file-using-shell-script>
with a *NIX script command to change the file extension. Similar methods
exist in Windows
<https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/batch-change-rename-file-extensions-in-windows/>
.

If there's something else about the underlying problem, please do share!