Dear DLF community,

Today, CLIR released the results of a yearlong program review<https://www.clir.org/2020/05/clir-releases-dlf-program-review/> of the Digital Library Federation. The review was conducted by Joanne Kossuth, founding director of 1MountainRoad consultancy, to guide planning for DLF’s future as we celebrate its 25th anniversary.

Kossuth’s review draws on hundreds of responses collected from interviews and written exchanges with CLIR and DLF staff, representatives of member institutions, DLF advisory committee and working group members, and Forum participants. Her findings focus on three areas: community perception of the DLF program, how and where increased collaboration among DLF and other CLIR programs is desirable, and how the program can evolve to best meet current and future needs.

On Wednesday, May 20, from 3–4 pm ET, we’ll host a webinar in which Kossuth will present her findings and join CLIR President Charles Henry and DLF Advisory Committee Chair and CLIR Board member Carol Mandel in answering your questions. Registration<https://clirdlf.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__b8EDcb8QMyeCIn5jLeuRg> is required. Because we anticipate a large audience, we encourage you to submit your questions in advance<https://tinyurl.com/dlf25-qa> so that we can respond to as many of them as possible. The webinar will be recorded.

Of course, we encourage your comments and questions at any time.

Sincerely,
Aliya, on behalf of the CLIR/DLF Team

PS, there are just a few hours left to submit your proposal to our Forum and affiliated event CFPs<https://www.diglib.org/2020-cfps-are-here/>, which close at 11:59pm ET tonight, and respond to our community survey<https://forms.gle/coWGvzropSgidaHp7>.

Aliya Reich | she/her/hers
Program Manager for Conferences and Events
Council on Library and Information Resources / The Digital Library Federation
2221 South Clark Street, Arlington, VA 22202
443-671-4212
diglib.org<http://diglib.org/> | clir.org<http://clir.org/>