Dear Colleagues,

Although the Open Repositories (OR) conference planned for Stellenbosch this June is postponed until May 31 – June 3rd 2021, we are happy to invite you to join a series of free virtual meetings on June 1-4, 2020.

These will offer updates from the OR community and highlight current discussions, innovations and recent advancements. We aim to create space for learning and connection during the week that OR2020 would have run. This will include one main session per day over Zoom for a duration of ~2 hours and a number of workshops. Presentations will be recorded and uploaded to the Zenodo Open Repositories community at https://zenodo.org/communities/openrepos and YouTube. And we will also have a series of conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #OpenRepos2020.

We are pleased to announce that Kathleen Shearer, Executive Director of the Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR), will present a Keynote on June 1st at 3PM UTC titled: “Reframing the conversation: applying the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion to scholarly communications”. We hope you will join us for this engaging presentation and the discussion to follow. Please see the program at https://or2020.sun.ac.za/conference-programme/ for more details on additional sessions and workshops.

The main meeting will take place on June 1-4, 2020 starting at 3PM UTC each day. Sessions will be recorded for later viewing.

Participants are asked to register for each day and for each workshop they wish to attend. Registration and a schedule may be found at https://or2020.sun.ac.za/conference-programme/
Registration is free!

We hope to see you online in June and in Stellenbosch in 2021: https://or2020.sun.ac.za/2020/03/13/important-announcement-conference-postponed/

Thanks and best wishes,

Leila Sterman, Iryna Kuchma, Lazarus Matizirofa, and Dr Daisy Selematsela

Program Committee Co-Chairs
On behalf of the OR2020 Program Committee