Hello all,

We hope this message finds you well.

Given the current impact of COVID-19 on our daily lives, it is difficult to know what the fall of this year will look like for many of us. Given that travel may be difficult due to limited professional development budgets or potential risks to health, the 2020 planning committee and the slated ‘21, ‘22, ‘23 campus hosts have decided that MDLS 2020 will be held virtually.

UW-Madison will then host MDLS on its campus in Fall 2021. Notre Dame will host in 2022, University of Cincinnati and Miami University will jointly host in 2023, and University of Kansas will host in 2024.

Please keep an eye out for further details and a Save the Date notice! In the meantime, as we begin to plan we are looking for some help from the community in a couple ways. If you could fill out this survey regarding the types of sessions and format you’d like to see in a virtual conference: https://forms.gle/FdM1LJbBwMiw5yXd7. The survey will close at the end of day, Friday, May 22nd.

Sincerely,

Trisha Adamus and Cameron Cook, MDLS UW-Madison Hosts for 2021