Hello Code4Lib Community,

We have two major announcements for you. First of all, we are working on a
procedure to manage changes to the Code of Conduct repository
<https://github.com/code4lib/code-of-conduct>. There are several pull
requests that have sat in the repository for years because there is no
clear, community-approved method of managing them. We are proposing a new
approval method
<https://github.com/code4lib/code-of-conduct/blob/changes-procedure/how_changes_are_made.md>
which is attached to this email. We want to follow this document's own
community vote guidelines: a discussion on the pull request and then a
vote held via web form. Please let us know if you have any questions; you
can direct comments to us here, on Slack, or on the pull request
<https://github.com/code4lib/code-of-conduct/pull/84>.

Secondly, to review proposed changes to the Code of Conduct, we will need
Community Support volunteers that are year-round and not scoped to the
annual conference. We are still working on the parameters of these
volunteer positions but we anticipate they will: be two-year terms, undergo
community vetting, attend an initial training, enforce the Code of Conduct
in online spaces, and manage change requests once we have a procedure in
place. They will not be required to attend the annual conference or
volunteer unless desired.

If you are interested in the year-round Community Support Volunteer
positions, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/tHrKL6e7x1Ms8HKJ6

Sincerely,
Your Community Support Squad Coordinators
Natasha Allen
Eric Phetteplace