From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Filipe MS Bento (UA)
Sent: July 28, 2020 12:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Bulk Creation of MARC records: what to do with the 2nd indicator of field 245

Hi Clara,

For these kind of lookups, fixes, merges, extractions, transformations, LibreCat's Catmandu has been my "got to" solution for MARC (and other bib / aut records formats) ETL,

              https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu-MARC

given how versatile, the modules it incorporates, the possible sources and destinations (stores)... hope I properly understood your need.

If so, here are some Catmandu resources:

* Tutorial: https://librecatproject.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/day-1-getting-catmandu/
* About Catmandu 1.20: https://librecatproject.wordpress.com/
* Fixes: https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu/wiki/Fixes
* Cheat Sheet - https://librecat.org/assets/catmandu_cheat_sheet.pdf

Hope this helps! (and I am sure there are plenty of Catmandu experts here :) )

Filipe

Filipe MS Bento, PhD  | BL Labs Technical Lead Email / Skype for Business:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8135-2304
https://www.bl.uk/people/experts/filipe-bento

British Library Labs
The British Library, St Pancras, London, NW1 2DB
Email: mailto:[log in to unmask]  | Twitter: @BL_Labs