The Library Publishing Coalition <https://librarypublishing.org/> (LPC) and
the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) Library
Publishing Special Interest Group (LibPub SIG) are partnering to survey the
landscape of scholarly publishing in libraries across the globe. LPC is
seeking submissions for its 8th annual Library Publishing Directory
<https://librarypublishing.org/lp-directory/>. IFLA’s LibPub SIG will
create a first-of-its-kind online database of global library publishing
initiatives. Together, we invite you to share information about your
library’s scholarly publishing activities.

All participating libraries will create a brief profile that will appear in
both organizations’ online databases. Libraries that wish to be included in
the print, PDF, and EPUB Library Publishing Directory can go on to fill out
the full questionnaire (30-45 minutes to complete). Get started at
https://librarypublishing.org/lpdq-2021. (If your library has had an entry
in a previous edition of the Directory, you should have received an email
with instructions on how to update it. Email [log in to unmask]
with questions.)

While this year the questions are in English, in future we hope to be able
to translate them into IFLA’s official languages. Responses in English are
strongly preferred; we may not be able to include responses in other
languages.

The call for entries will close on Monday, September 14, 2020.

Thank you for joining in this great international collaboration. We look
forward to your participation.

The Library Publishing Coalition Directory Committee

Janet Swatscheno, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chair

Perry Collins, University of Florida

Ellen Dubinsky, University of Arizona

Ian Harmon, West Virginia University

Laura Miller, Florida State University

IFLA Special Interest Group on Library Publishing Subcommittee

Grace Liu (Canada)

Ann Okerson (USA)
About the Library Publishing Directory

The Library Publishing Directory
<https://librarypublishing.org/lp-directory/> is an important tool for
libraries wishing to learn about this emerging field, connect with their
peers, and align their practices with those of the broader community. Last
year’s edition featured over 150 libraries in almost a dozen nations.

The Directory is published openly on the web in PDF, EPUB, and as an online
database. It includes contact information, descriptions, and other key
facts about each library’s publishing services. A print version of the
Directory is also produced. The 2021 edition will be published in early
2021.
About the IFLA Library Publishing SIG database

The goal of the LibPub SIG database is to document more fully the
publishing activities to which IFLA’s members contribute, in order to
facilitate a global community of interest and support. While this first
year the focus is on scholarly/academic library publishers, in the future
the SIG plans to open submissions to all types of library publishers:
academic, public, and others.

Submissions will appear in an IFLA-related searchable database, easily
accessible by IFLA members and friends, including LPC members.
--
Hannah Ballard <https://educopia.org/staff/hannah-ballard>
Director of Communications

Working from Lawrence, KS