Dear Colleagues ~

Since many on this list are involved with text analytics projects, inquiries, or initiatives at your library, I thought you might be interested in the availability of ITHAKA's "beta" text analytics platform at https://tdm-pilot.org/ (ITHAKA is the not-for-profit organizational home of JSTOR, Portico, and Artstor.)

Over the past year, JSTOR Labs (which aims to build "magical" tools for teaching and research), has been developing a platform to help librarians and faculty simplify the practice and teaching of textual analysis.  The platform provides real-time visualizations of datasets that users build from content in JSTOR, Portico, and several open access sources (with over 30 million journal articles, book chapters, and newspaper issues), along with the seamless integration of a computational environment with tutorials (Jupyter running in Binder).

While still in beta, our platform is ready for use.  We welcome any and all feedback as we continue to develop a name and business model to sustain and grow the service.  Please share any thoughts with me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For those that wish to follow our work more closely and participate in discussions about text analytics, please join our email group at https://ithaka.groups.io/g/tdm-jstor-portico (scroll about half way down the page and click the "Join+" button).

Stay safe, everyone!

~ Amy

--

Amy J. Kirchhoff

Text Analytics Business Manager / Portico, JSTOR

Phone: 609.986.2218

Skype: amykirchhoff

Twitter: @AmyPlusFour