Thanks, Julien!

Apart from that, I can make some suggestions for dashboarding tools. Another option for dashboard software is Google Data Studio. The interface takes a bit of learning, but it has some nice features and might be even a bit simpler than PowerBI or Tableau. And I'd mention that while Tableau has a pricy subscription model, there is a free version, if you're planning to post dashboards publicly anyway. I know there are very happy PowerBI users, but there's no client for Mac, so I haven't spent as much time using it. Finally, I'll just mention that if you prefer coding, there are dashboard packages in R (e.g., flexdashboard or Shiny for layout and then visualization packages like ggplot2 or plotly) and likely python as well, though I'm not as familiar.

All things equal, I tend to use Tableau for dashboards. Even the free version has tons of features and offers free public hosting, and I find the prototyping of new visualizations to be very fast in Tableau once you learn the basics. But it can definitely take a bit of time to get up and running. Our library has a public video of a Tableau workshop, if you want a short tutorial. (https://library.capture.duke.edu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=bd468ebe-cef3-4d54-ab8c-aab600f0adb9)

Best,
Angela

--
Angela M. Zoss, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assessment & Data Visualization Analyst

The Duke University Libraries value diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and background and are actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect.