**Please excuse any crossposting**

Dear colleagues,

I am Alex Kinnaman, the Digital Preservation Coordinator at Virginia Tech University Libraries. Currently I am working to support our grant Entomo-3D: Digitizing Virginia Tech’s Insect Collection by investigating current practices in curating and preserving 3D and Virtual Reality (VR) content.

We are inviting digital preservation professionals and those who produce and/or curate 3D and VR content to participate in a 15-minute web-based survey as part of a larger research study on best practices for preserving 3D/VR content. The survey will include short-answer questions on 3D/VR production, description, management, and preservation. All questions are optional, and you may choose to not respond to certain questions or to stop the web-based survey at any time without penalty. The questions are designed to only capture your responses and no personal information will be retained.

If you are interested in more information, the web-based survey is accessible at the following link: https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6RkYxvVV6eUuvYx

If you have any questions you may contact me at [log in to unmask], or VT-IRB at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,
Alex Kinnaman
--
Alex Kinnaman