Forwarded on behalf of former CLIR/DLF Postdoctoral Fellow Justin Shanks:

Given the widespread changes related to the ongoing COVID-19 global public health pandemic, teaching and learning are increasingly utilizing digital technology. Considering the scope, scale, and speed of these various changes, it is critically important to emphasize contemplation when making decisions involving technology and education. To help provide a guide for such decision making, I will present a webinar (as part of the Teaching Sustainable Food Systems in Our Times series) about my novel Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework research.

This webinar will introduce the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework and explore how the framework can help educators make pedagogical decisions about digital technology with the goal of effectively and holistically enriching teaching and learning. While clearly applicable to current higher education environments, this framework and associated topics are also entirely relevant to teaching and learning in post-pandemic contexts. Webinar details are provided below. An informational flyer is attached. Please feel free to share this email and flyer with your friends, colleagues, and professional networks.

Pedagogy and Pandemic: How the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework can Enrich Teaching and Learning During Covid-19

Thursday, 19 November 2020

7am HST / 10am PST / 11am MST / 1pm EST

Event Details and Registration

Curious about integrating the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework into your teaching? Please join me for the “Pedagogy and Pandemic: How the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework can Enrich Teaching and Learning During Covid-19” webinar beginning at 11:00am MST this Thursday, 19 November 2020. The webinar will discuss the research that led to the development of the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework, address how the framework provides an approachable introduction to using attributes of contemplations when making pedagogical decisions about digital technology in higher education, and explore examples of how educators might apply the framework. The webinar will also include time for questions/discussion about the Contemplative Technopedagogy Framework as well as other aspects of digital technology, pedagogy, contemplation, mindfulness, and/or technopedagogy.

I hope to see you on Zoom this Thursday!

Best regards,

Justin

--

Justin D Shanks, PhD

Adjunct Professor of Information and Society

Montana State University

320 Renne Library

PO Box 173320

Bozeman, MT 59717