Hello colleagues,

The Software Preservation Network invites you to join us for the upcoming Quarterly Software Curation & Preservation Community Forum taking place on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 8 am PT / 10 am CT / 11 am ET / 3 pm UTC.

Each quarter, we invite our colleagues across professional and disciplinary communities to participate in an hour-long discussion on topics related to software curation, preservation, and reuse.

The Winter 2020 Community Forum will feature a discussion with ethical AI researchers, lawyers, and digital preservation and curation practitioners about the role of cultural repositories (such as libraries, archives, museums) in supporting long-term access to software and its composite algorithms. Featured speakers include:

·       Keith Porcaro, lawyer and technologist at the Berkman Klein Center whose work focuses on how technology mediates legal decision-making

·       Stephen Abrams, digital preservation practitioner from Harvard University

SUBSCRIBE to the Software Preservation Network listserv to receive reminders, calendar invites, and call-in information for the Quarterly Software Curation & Preservation Community Forums. As a Software Preservation Network (SPN) listserv subscriber, you will also receive new issues of STACKTRACE: Software Preservation Network Newsletter and announcements regarding upcoming software preservation and reuse-related events and resources.

We look forward to having you at the next QCF on December 1!

With best wishes,

Caitlin

Caitlin Perry
Communications and Administrative Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter!

She/Her
Working from Oyster Bay, NY