Hi Eric,

There are a couple of answers to your question, depending on whether Notre
Dame is currently participating in ETAS or not. If you are, or ended your
participation fairly recently, you should have a relatively recent overlap
file sent from Hathi to your ETAS representative. Those files are based on
your institution's holdings files that you sent them, and so already are
only a list of what you own.

From an overlap file, you can grab catalog identifiers and access
statements. Anything in that file that says 'allow' in the access column is
100% open to the world (unless the 'rights' column says 'pdus' in which
case it's only open in the US...), and back in the spring I got lists of
all of our titles that were open or temporarily open by importing lists of
identifiers with various criteria into our catalog to create itemized sets.
That's the quick way.

If you don't have a recent overlap file from HT, there's a perl script on
GitHub <https://github.com/BCDigLib/BC-HT-IA-Ingests/blob/master/bc.pl>
that we at Boston College use to turn the monthly published HathiFiles
<https://www.hathitrust.org/hathifiles> from lists of everything in Hathi
to lists of everything contributed by BC. You ought to be able to modify
that so that it's picking out Notre Dame items instead, but since it's an
inherited script and I don't really know Perl, I'm afraid I can't tell you
exactly how. From that point you'd have a list of everything in HathiTrust
contributed by Notre Dame, which you can poke around at programmatically
and again, identify everything that's got an 'allow' tag in the 'rights'
column, and go from there. That one's a little easier in that you don't
have to get the catalog involved to get titles, but I'll warn that given
the way we use the workflow, I can't guarantee you won't wind up with some
munched diacritics.

Hope that helps!
Chris

--