Hello everyone,

Please see the following message from the Born-Digital Access Working Group’s Remote Site Visit and Transfer sub-group.

Best,
Gayle
--------------------------------

Hello DLF members,

Providing access to born-digital materials ultimately depends on the acquisition process. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted typical workflows and required that archivists consider alternate ways to acquire born-digital materials and metadata. The Remote Site Visit and Transfer sub-group of the DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group (BDAWG) recognizes both the consequences of this shift and the opportunity to reveal how archivists are tackling this new challenge.

Specifically, we are seeking to learn more about how members of the DLF community are remotely conducting site visits and acquiring born-digital materials. If you are responsible for or involved with the acquisition of born-digital materials, we invite you to participate in a guided conversation that will be held via Zoom in March 2021.  During this conversation, participants will discuss—in small groups—several relevant questions posed by a member of the sub-group. Optional follow-up discussions will be held for those who wish to explore these topics at greater length.

This invitation is open to any who are responsible for acquiring born-digital materials and have started thinking about or working on remote acquisition strategies. Regardless of whether you are brainstorming ideas or implementing workflows, we want to hear from you!

Please use this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaNI4-7KVZM6nkn3gca2jcliVVGj-Hou5-ntq6ck04HlYynw/viewform> to sign up and receive more information. The deadline to sign up is February 5, 2021.

Your participation is entirely voluntary and can be withdrawn at any time. The organizers of this event are committed to data privacy and protecting your personal information. We will use the personal data you provide solely for administering your participation, and will not collect any sensitive or identifying information from the event itself.

If you have any questions about this effort, please contact Annalise Berdini ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Members of the DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group (BDAWG), Remote Site Visit and Transfer sub-group.

The DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group (BDAWG), Remote Site Visit and Transfer sub-group follows the DLF Code of Conduct <https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/> and values the participation of each member of the community. We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate