Dear Colleagues,

We are now accepting submissions for the Spring/Summer 2021 issue of the VRA Bulletin!

The VRA Bulletin is the journal of the Visual Resources Association, a multidisciplinary, international organization dedicated to furthering image management education and research by providing leadership in the field, developing and advocating standards, and offering educational tools and opportunities for the benefit of the community at large. The Association actively supports the primacy of visual information in documenting and understanding humanity’s shared cultural experience through collaboration, partnership, and outreach with the broader information management, cultural heritage, educational, and commercial communities.

Because the Bulletin offers a hybrid peer review model, we have staggered submission deadlines based on whether or not an author is seeking peer review for their submission:
Deadline for articles seeking peer review: March 15, 2021
Deadline for articles not seeking peer review: April 15, 2021

*If you’re interested in serving as a peer reviewer, please volunteer via email by writing to the Content Editor, Jasmine Burns at [log in to unmask]

The Bulletin publishes a wide range of article types that correspondingly range in length – some rough guidelines to keep in mind:
Feature articles: 2,000 – 5,000 words
Perspectives (opinion pieces): 1,000 – 3,000 words
Case studies & project updates: 500 – 2,000 words
Reviews: 250 – 1,000 words
Association news & reports – any length

There are two ways to get started publishing in the VRA Bulletin:
1. If you’d like to run your article idea by the editors before getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Content Editor, Jasmine Burns ([log in to unmask])
2. If your article is written and ready-to-go, upload it directly to our online journal system by following these instructions: https://online.vraweb.org/index.php/vrab/about/submissions

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sincerely,
Jasmine Burns, Content Editor
Amy Lazet, Production Editor