Kim,

Thank you for your kind offer, and apologies for taking so long to
reply.  Life has been very busy of late.

I took a look at your repo on GitHub, and it all seems pretty
straightforward for paying library fines.  We may take a look at
implementing that.

The specific use case I have here is somewhat different, however.  Our
CIO has asked if the IT department can use Alma to check out laptops to
people.  And that's fine.  But she also wants to make each checkout
contingent on the patron providing a credit card number, up front, to
cover potential loss or damage to the laptop.  Basically, she wants to
take the credit card number, stick it in the record somewhere, and sit
on it.  If the laptop comes back fine, then the card number gets erased
and no charge occurs.  If the laptop comes back damaged, or is never
returned at all, then the patron is charged for repair or replacement.

I've been struggling with this because I don't think it's wise (or
legal) to store people's credit card data in Alma itself.  Do you happen
to know if Touchnet supports scenarios like this, where all that really
happens is the card is taken down in case of loss?

Will Martin

P.S. My parents graduated from DU, so I'm fond of the institution even
though I didn't attend it myself.