[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/ffab4da9-b360-4a2d-83f9-345b25dd09fb.jpg]

Classes
Live webinars, free information sessions, and demonstrations

View Our Scheduled Classes<https://www.lyrasis.org/services/Pages/Classes.aspx>
[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/9ee36461-4bd2-4ca4-9216-4d2ba2389271.jpg]

Class Spotlight:
Digital Life Vests: How Cultural Heritage Institutions can Lend a Hand in Preserving Podcasts<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=E518283F-2455-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721>

Multi-session class: 5/5/2021 and 5/6/2021, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET

Instructors: Mary Kidd, Sarah Nguyen

Every day, indie podcasters are creating and publishing works reflecting their unique perspectives, backgrounds, stories, and communities. Usually working with small or even no budget or outside of a regular day job, indie podcasters often rely on third-party platforms to save their work, which in some cases has resulted in catastrophic digital file loss. Preserve This Podcast (PTP) was a two-year Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant-funded project whose goal was to not only teach a personal digital preservation curriculum tailored to podcasters, but also raise awareness over the ephemeral nature of the world wide web and the precariousness of commercial and proprietary platforms.

This two-part webinar will introduce participants to podcasting, a medium defined by a complex "systems ecosystem" consisting of digital audio files (namely WAVs and MP3s), distribution mechanisms (RSS feeds) and platforms providing services to both podcasters and listeners. In part one of the webinar, PTP will step through the curriculum devised by the PTP team, briefly go over the history of the development of podcast technology, and "prove" that some of the earliest podcasts have, in fact, disappeared. Part two will focus on RSS technology and how PTP devised their own homegrown mechanism to preserve their own podcast and website beyond their grant funding. We will end with providing some examples of current institutional podcast collecting efforts, and discuss how participants might envision incorporating elements of the PTP curriculum into what they do at their respective GLAM institution or organization.

Participants are encouraged to download and review the PTP zine, and listen to some or all of the PTP episodes, prior to attending the workshop. The zine can be read online here,<http://preservethispodcast.org/assets/PreserveThisPodcast_Zine_Online.pdf> and podcast can be listened to here.<http://preservethispodcast.org/#podcast>

Register Now<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=E518283F-2455-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721>

Online Classes:

Introduction to OpenRefine<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=6EA1866F-AE14-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 4/6

LYRASIS Trending Topics - LYRASIS Survey Results: Current Challenges for Small and Diverse Archival Organizations<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=2F5F35F9-7209-EB11-80EB-00155DE5EC03> - 4/9

Building Digital Exhibits in Omeka<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=BD0BBA3A-E837-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 4/13

When Copyright Ends (or Never Was): Understanding the Public Domain<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=3B18879B-3072-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/14

IIIF’s Tools for Teaching with Image-based Primary Sources<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=C96FED82-2355-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/15
[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/558642d3-d896-4cae-8dec-e61550be42c7.png]
LYRASIS Trending Topics - Hidden Labor in Open Source Software<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=E236AF08-FC7C-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/16

Making Great Video Tutorials<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=5D9630F0-B014-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 4/20

Graphic Design for Librarians<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=B72805A2-4D50-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/21
[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/98515339-ea8f-4611-aec4-d57f34b4051a.png]
Design Think Your Way to a Better Library<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=1C7F9C5E-491D-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 4/22
[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/98515339-ea8f-4611-aec4-d57f34b4051a.png]
Copyright in Action<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=D82BE501-4B50-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/27

Practice makes Perfect: Conducting a Tabletop Exercise to Practice your Disaster Plan<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=269318E0-6A57-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/28

Key Concepts in Quantitative Analysis for Librarians<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=94B2D3D8-C043-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 4/29

Digitizing Rare Books<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=3BB0BB6A-E637-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 5/4
Free Demos and Info Sessions:
Road to Recovery – Performing Arts in the Post-Covid-19 World <https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=1A5143D9-9977-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/7
[https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/07e2daa9-2a37-447b-be95-f28f18e21262.png]
Introducing the LYRASIS DataCite US Community<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=E0361D0F-F281-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 4/22

LYRASIS Learning Call for Instructors

LYRASIS Learning is seeking new instructors to train library, archive, museum, and other cultural heritage professionals on a wide range of topics. We are looking for practitioners with a strong background or interest in training to share your experience with others.

Our current areas of focus for classes include technology, digitization, preservation, metadata, management, leadership, and scholarly communication, but we are always expanding our topics and welcome proposals for classes that fall outside of those subjects. All of our classes are taught live, online. Check out our other classes on our upcoming class schedule<https://www.lyrasis.org/services/Pages/Classes.aspx> to learn more about our offerings.

Are you interested in teaching online with LYRASIS? Complete this form<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LYRASISinstructor> to tell us about yourself.

Please contact Annie Peterson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions about teaching with LYRASIS.

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/LYRASIS-Learning.aspx> or contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309